Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is a law firm that was founded as Morgan & Lewis on March 10, 1873.
Campaign Finance$2,741,585 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Mentor Corp $1,350,000 US Gypsum Co $400,000 YRC Worldwide $332,500 International Franchise Assn $280,000 CNA Insurance $260,000 Ameritech Corp $160,000 Nuclear Energy Institute $160,000 Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Assn $155,000 American Vintners Assn $140,000 Wine Institute $140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Health Issues,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Beverage Industry,
- Government Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3997 Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2007 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.847 James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 H.R.4994 Medicare and Medicaid Extenders Act of 2010 S.2616 National Forests, Parks, Public Land, and Reclamation Projects Authorization Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 375 dockets; Submitted to 26 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Morgan, Lewis & Bockius" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
- Toggle 11 FDA Patent Extension Application for Rotateq (Rotavirus Vaccine, Live, Oral, Pentavalent), U.S. Patent No. 5,626,851 2006
- Toggle 6 FDA DIPRIVAN (propofol) Injectable Emulsion 1998
- Toggle 3 OFCCP Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Obligations of Contractors and Subcontractors Regarding Individuals with Disabilities 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for ENTEREG® (alvimopan), U.S. Patent No. 5,434,171 2009
- Toggle 2 MARAD Proposed Purchase of Royal P & O Nedlloyd, N.V. 2005
- Toggle 2 FDA Reprocessing of Reusable Medical Devices; Public Workshop 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Extension for IRESSA (gefitinib), U.S. Patent No. 5,770,599 2004
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Non-Discrimination in Compensation; Compensation Data Collection Tool 2011
- Toggle 1 EBSA Silchester International Investors LLP (Silchester or the Applicant) [Application Number D–11671] 2013
- Toggle 1 IRS Interim Final Rules for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Coverage Relating to Status as a Grandfathered Health Plan under the Patient Protection and Afforable Care Act 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
- Toggle 21 DOT U.S.-Germany Third/Fourth/Fifth Freedom Frequency Allocations for the 1996 Summer Season 1995
- Toggle 20 DOT U.S. Germany Third/Fourth/Fifth Freedom Frequency Allocations for the 1995 Summer Season 1995
- Toggle 17 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.P.A., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for An Alliance Agreement 1999
- Toggle 13 FDA DIPRIVAN (propofol) Injectable Emulsion 1998
- Toggle 13 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Non-Attainment New Source Review (NSR): Baseline Emissions Determination, Actual-to-Future-Actual Methodology, Plantwide Applicability Limitations, Clean Units, Pollution Control Projects (Reconsideration) 2001
- Toggle 10 DOT Laker Airways Inc. - Exemption - Florida-United Kingdom 1996
- Toggle 10 EPA Preliminary Administrative Determination Document on the Question of Whether Ferric Ferrocyanide Is One of the "Cyanides" Within the Meaning of the List of Toxic Pollutants Under the Clean Water Act. 2002
- Toggle 9 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for ENTEREG® (alvimopan), U.S. Patent No. 5,250,542 2009
- Toggle 9 DOT Laker Airways Inc. - Certificate - Florida-United Kingdom 1996
- Toggle 9 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for ENTEREG® (alvimopan), U.S. Patent No. 5,434,171 2009
Advisory Committees8 people on 8 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Morgan, Lewis & Bockius" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Labor Relations Board 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Antitrust Modernization Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Securities and Exchange Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee